Thursday, May 24, 2012

Living in the Summer


Who am I? I am a list person. There is nothing I love more than a good to-do list. I have them on my phone, on the internet (rememberthemilk.com is great), on a running word document on my computer, on countless notepads and sticky notes around my house. I think I make a new to-do list every day. It invigorates me to check something off. I am less intimidated by my tasks when they're set before me on paper.

Who am I? I'm a full-time high school teacher. I just wrapped up my first year and currently have a running to-do list of things to change for next year. Discipline policies, late-work policies, activities, games (yes, definitely more games), different ways to accomplish tasks and assignments.

My daily lists used to be filled with items to grade...

But they don't now... because it's SUMMER.


I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have my dream job. Believe me, I am so grateful for the opportunity to exercise my passion in teaching kids every day, but it really doesn't hurt that I happen to be in a position where I have a paid 2.5 month vacation once a year.

Source: tumblr.com via Lauren on Pinterest

So what is next for a to-do list, accomplishment-driven, over-acheiver, crazy person? I think it's pretty obvious.

The reading list is not enough for my plans this summer. I have a comprehensive summer to-do list and it's pretty packed.

I remember watching an episode of Arthur on PBS in my younger years where Arthur found a similar list on his bedroom floor with a week of summer to go and realized that he hadn't done anything he'd planned on doing. It's a reflection a lot of us have, I think. I had this block of time set aside for this special task: now where did that time go?

Not this time. Sorry Arthur, but that's not going to be the case with Mrs. Kopf. I will learn from your mistake and embrace the summer and the list that comes with it!

Hence, the blog: to keep me on track and accountable to my list. I'm still finalizing all my plans, and I'll be happy to share the progress in my next post, then hopefully share the results of my adventures on this blog.



Who am I? An obsessive sewing crafter. So plan to see a lot of that this summer. At least from me. I hope you make your own summer to-do lists, even without a lot of time off! This season is special to me not only for the freedom it typically represents, but because it is also the time for blueberries, farmers' markets, movies in the park, walks by the river, lightning bugs, and lemonade. Enjoy yourself and soak up as much sunshine as possible. That's number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment