Saturday, November 17, 2012

Embroidery Patterns

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been working on some embroidery patterns for my Etsy store. These are doodles that I have been making and embroidering for myself for a long time, and now that I have a scanner and some free time, I can finally share them with the world!


"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

You can grab each of these as individual patterns, or in a bundle. Consequently, there's a lot of little girls out there named Faith and Hope, and plenty of people who just plain love Love. The individual are all the same size, but in the bundle, they increase in size, with faith the smallest and love the greatest!




I've got most things set at iTunes prices. They come in PDF form and will be emailed to you 12 hours after your purchase. If you're new to embroidery, I encourage you to jump into this adventure! Throughout the week, I'll be posting tutorials on the two types of simple stitches these easy patterns require, how to fill in your embroidery, and how to transfer your patterns onto your fabric.

Embroidery patterns are my go-to road trip project, so if you're travelling (by car) this Thanksgiving, consider packing this easy craft in your snack bag. I've also given away embroidered messages as Christmas gifts, framed and ready for hanging. They're great projects for when you want something small and simple to be able to put down and pick back up again. Embroidery is also a pretty cheap addiction hobby. Embroidery floss is cheap, fabric can be cheap, and the needles come in packs of ten so if you lose one, it won't be the end of the world. (This all, of course, depends on where you lose it...)



The next pattern I'll have in the shop will be the welcome wreath. Just a few more little tweaks and then it will be ready to go! 

 

"Small cheer and great welcome make a merry feast." Shakespeare


Check back regularly for instructions on stitches and transfers. Even on Thanksgiving Break, I can't help teaching. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment