Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The New Craft Room



My crafting space has been through several incarnations since we moved to this city, and all of them have been documented here on the blog.

On August 3rd of last year, I did a post about the crafting space in our tiny one bedroom apartment, which was half of our bedroom. Mr. Kopf was so, so sweet and patient. He would keep his little corner so clean, but right next to it was an explosion of fabric.


We moved into a two bedroom apartment, and then I finally had a space all to myself. I was really amazed at how well I filled out the space. Did I really have this much stuff?? Yes. Yes, I did unfortunately.


Finally, we have a house. We're going to be here for many years, but eventually we'll put some kids into those bedrooms and I am going to enjoy having a big craft room all to myself for as long as possible.





I have a beautifully big window, a desk, and a six foot banquet table that holds my sewing machine and my serger at the SAME TIME.



I have space for my giant cutting mat, and my tower of fabric is out in the open where I can see my projects, and therefore, not forget about them.



My ironing board is always up. I can't tell you how convenient that is.



My rolly chair is so much fun to roll in between the desk and the table. Like walking in heels on a hard floor, the sound makes me feel very important.



It was a wonderful combination to have this summer: a new big craft room and a lot of free time. I got a lot of things done this summer, and I'm just hoping the momentum carries over into the school year!










No comments:

Post a Comment