Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome August

Well kids, it's that time of year again. Summer is winding down and school is starting up again, earlier for us teachers than students. I have had an absolute blast this summer but I'm so ready to get back into school. My friends ask "oooo you're going back to school soon. Is that a sore subject? Should we not talk about it yet?" with wincing faces like they're ready to apologize. "No!" I tell them, "I'm so excited!" I need routine and structure in my life... I need to work! And I can't wait to meet this year's students and get to know them. I've had so much fun teaching so far and I'm looking forward to continuing the journey.

So how did I do with my summer? Well, here's the list!


Some notes: Storyteller is appropriately halfway crossed off. That man lived a long life. Movies at the Park is just going to go off the list altogether next year. We never seem to get out there (mostly because it's Mr. Kopf's poker night and that is sacred). Expand my horizons happened in ways other than taking an online class (I'm saving that for the fall). Finished WIPs included the college tshirt quilt, but not the quilt I was really planning on finishing, and not the washi either... Judge me!

With the start of school quickly approaching (we start this Thursday!) I've been sequestering myself in my craft room, sewing non-stop! I call this "binge-sewing," and it has resulted in a backlog of posts and fun photos. While I'm busy setting up my classroom and attending meetings, I'll be posting these entries, so it will appear that I'm still living in the summer just a little bit longer. 

Here's a sneak peek of what I've been up to!






No comments:

Post a Comment