Monday, September 2, 2013

It's The Great Fall To-Do List, Charlie Brown!

I can tell it by the smells... Pumpkins, apples, cranberries, crunchy dead leaves! Fall is coming!

After the moderate success of my Great Summer To-Do Lists at keeping me on track and productive, I decided I would make a real one for Fall. If you’ve hung around me long enough, you know I had one for Spring Break last year, and if I can pick one up for Spring, why not Fall as well? I’ve referenced before that my Fall list usually consists of “stay alive, grade papers, and make anything pumpkin (or apple)” but it’d be nice to be a little more specific than that…

I took a different approach to this one: the Pinterest approach. I pin so many things and then instantly don’t care about them, but they are so neat! I wanted to go through my boards and see if there was anything that jumped out at me to make or find or craft, and to finally accomplish some things from that ultimate to-do list/time suck that is Pinterest.

So here we have it, the Great Fall To-Do List, v. 1!

  1. Mustard or Yellow Skirt
If I’ve pinned it twice (as well as a yellow dress), then it must be something I want. I especially like the polka dots in the blouse of the first image. I happen to have a polka dot blouse… I’m 1/3 of the way to owning this whole outfit!

Mustard + tweed

  1. Fancy Sweatshirt?
I can see skinny jeans happening with this one. This is a kind of intimidating project for me, since I’d classify it as “outerwear” and I’ve never done “outerwear” before, and never “innerwear” either, just things you “wear.” I am going to search for a pattern somewhere, but if anyone has an idea where I can get one without me having to spend a considerable amount of my life on the internet, please let me know!

sweatshirt in disguise

stylish sweatshirt -- great with skinny jeans

  1. This Fox Plush
fox plush

Because it is just adorable. I have been wanting to make these for a while. Maybe they would be good Christmas presents for the nieces and nephews… Hmmm….

  1. Homemade Graham Crackers
Why not try this in the Fall, when I’m craving cinnamon-sugar things? (Cinnamon Sugar Grahams = the best!)

Homemade Graham Crackers

  1. Soups!
I’d like to learn how to make a good soup, and there are so many you can do in the crock pot. Perfect for chillier and chillier evenings as we head into winter.

tomato soup.  crockpot.

  1. Follow Tradition: Pick apples, make pumpkin bread, wear fancy boots, cuddle with my sweater collection. First I have to find fancy boots, since my old ones died. Anyone have any shopping suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment